As of 5/6/2013 Mastercam X7 is now available to current Maintenance Customers.
To download and more information on X7 installation please visit our Mastercam Install Help Page via the button below.
Mastercam is proud to announce their 30 year anniversary of providing world-class Cad/Cam software. There is a short video below of some of the people that helped make Mastercam what it is today.
Also ShopWare is celebrating our 22nd year of being a Mastercam reseller as well!
Please see video below of our short demonstration of the Mastercam Swiss Expert Product.
More info can be found here: http://www.mastercamswissexpert.com/
Please see below for the recording of our webinar today. Check your inboxes in the next few months for more X7 preview webinars coming up. If you do not get our emails, please feel free to sign up on our mailing list at the link at the bottom of this page.
Video temporarily unavailable.
Please view our webinar from today below. Thanks to all who attended. Check your emails and back here on our blog for information on our upcoming Lathe/Multi-Tasking Lathe Webinar coming March 5th!
Please contact us if you have any questions on today’s webinar or would like any information on some of the other products we discussed.
Mastercam X6 Mu3 is now available to Maintenance customers.
A Maintenance date of 6/30/12 or later is required.
This update installs on top of X6 Mu2. So that means you need X6 installed, then the Mu2 update, then apply the Mu3 update.
Mu3 Update is mainly a translator update and includes support for: SolidWorks 2013 files, SolidEdge ST5 files, Rhino v5 files, R23 of the ACIS format.
Attention Machine Shop Owners
Need Hands on CNC training for existing or potential employees?
Get someone up to speed fast with:
- Machine setup & operation
- Mastercam offline programming
- Cutting parts
- Getting the most out your CNC equipment
- 1 week streamlined training course
- Guaranteed results
- Training performed by certified Mastercam & Haas instructors
- Limited to only 10 Students, do not wait to register.
HFO Chicago and ShopWare Inc. are proud to offer a new, 1 week training curriculum for getting students basic programming and operation of CNC machine tools.
This course is designed for new and current users of CNC milling machines that are interested in learning how to use a cad-cam system to program their machines. Students will learn Mastercam programming techniques for basic 2D milling and drilling operations. We will also review procedures needed to setup and operate a cnc vertical mill using a g-code program that the student generates with the Mastercam software.
During their training students will have use of laptop computers, Haas simulators, and vertical machining centers. There will be a combination of classroom and shop floor training where the students will cut the parts they program.
- Create simple mill part drawings using 2D wire frame geometry (points, lines, and arcs)
- Create simple solid models using Mastercam Solids
- Import 2D solid models and wire frame from other cad systems into Mastercam
- Move the part model from one plane to another to orient it for machining
- Establish a machining zero point within the Mastercam model
- Apply various 2D milling and drilling tool path to the part model
- Output 2D tool paths into a G-code program that will then be loaded into a CNC machine
- Create setup sheets from within Mastercam
- Basic understanding of G-code language
- Understand tool setup and work piece coordinate theory
- Load G-code programs into the CNC control
- Operate the machine to cut several different parts
This is a pass/fail course. To receive a passing mark in this course the student must complete the Mastercam programming tasks assigned and successfully cut the parts on the Haas vertical machining center. Students who pass this course will receive course completion certificates from both Mastercam and Haas.
$995 Per Student. Must be paid 10 days prior to the start date to guarantee your registration in the class. Any registration unpaid by that date will be offered to those next on the waiting list. Due to high demand for this course this policy will be strictly enforced.
Included with Course
Each Student Will Receive the Following:
- 1 Mastercam X6 Training Manual
- 1 Mastercam X6 Home Learning Edition Software
- 1 Mastercam 2GB USB Drive
- 1 Haas VMC Programming Workbook
Please see our X6 install help page for more information on updating your Mastercam.