Mastercam for Solidworks X6 is now available.
CNC Software, Inc. is proud to introduce Mastercam® for SolidWorks®, which combines the world’s leading modeling software with the world’s most widely-used CAM software. Now you can program parts directly in SolidWorks, using toolpaths and machining strategies preferred the most by shops around the world.
Powerful 2D Machining
- Feature Based Machining (FBM) automatically programs pockets, contours, and drilling routines.
- Dynamic Milling creates an active toolpath that delivers more consistent cutting conditions and allows use of the entire tool flute length.
- Standard pocketing styles include zigzag, one way, true spiral, constant overlap spiral, “morph” pocketing, and open pocketing.
- Choose plunge, helical, or ramp entry.
- Contour and pocket remachining use smaller tools to automatically clean out material left from previous operations.
3D Roughing, Finishing, and Cleanup Machining
- Core Roughing and Area Clearance efficiently remove bulk material with toolpaths tailored to your part’s core or cavity.
- Rest Roughing smoothly removes remaining material from a previous rough pass.
- Using a constant 3D stepover, Scallop finishing maintains a consistent finish on sloped and flat surfaces.
- Horizontal area finishing quickly machines all flats on your part.
- Spiral, Radial, and Raster machining deliver optimal choices for cutting different types of parts.
- Pencil machining walks a tool along the intersection of solid faces to clean out hard-to-reach areas and details.
Fast, Flexible, Multiaxis Machining
- Multisurface 5-axis roughing and finishing, plunge roughing, flowline machining, and drilling.
- Swarf machining over multisurface floors, plus “rail” swarf cutting for added control.
- Create 5-axis contour toolpaths for applications such as trimming vacuum-formed parts.
- Easy 4-axis rotary, rolldie, and 5-axis drill programming.
- Create full 5-axis motion from a 3-axis toolpath.
- Complete control over the tool axis, lead/lag, entry/exit, and tilt. These simplify even the most difficult multiaxis jobs.
- With full Machine Simulation, you know your results before committing tool to material, which is crucial, ensuring that your part will come off the machine exactly as you intended.
- Mastercam Blade Expert delivers specialized tools for efficiently cutting multi-bladed parts and hubs.
- Mastercam Port Expert offers dramatically faster head port programming and smoother toolpath motion.
Dependable Toolpath Verification
Mastercam gives you the confidence to run even the most complex cutter paths on your machines. You can easily check that the motion delivers exactly what you want with Mastercam’s toolpath verification tools.
- Watch and measure your part as it is cut from a solid block of material with Mastercam’s solid model toolpath verification. The tool and holder are checked and displayed during simulation.
- Play the program with toolpath backplotting and get an estimate of machining time. Dynamically view all the vital information about tools and operations at any point, and even isolate specific areas to watch more closely.
- Quickly verify 2D toolpaths with a pixel paint of the full tool diameter to check the finish.