Trust the Leader
Mastercam is the most widely used CAM software worldwide* and remains the program of choice among CNC programmers. Mastercam Mill X6x is the next generation of our popular program, delivering the most comprehensive milling package with powerful new toolpaths and techniques.
The Core of Your Machining Needs
Mastercam gives your shop the best possible foundation for fast and efficient milling. From general purpose methods such as optimized pocketing to highly specialized toolpaths like 5-axis turbine cutting, Mastercam ensures that you’re ready for any job.
And Mastercam Mill can grow with your business. Start with what you need, and upgrade to new machining techniques as your needs grow.
Contouring, Drilling, and Pocketing
2D machining ranges from the very simple to the very complex. Mastercam delivers all the tools you need for precise control over all aspects of 2D machining.
Feature Based Machining (FBM)
Almost every shop deals with solid models, and Mastercam delivers a powerful way to automatically mill and drill these parts. Valuable for experienced power users and easy enough for new users, FBM evaluates a part’s features and automatically designs an effective machining strategy.
With just a few simple clicks, Mastercam FBM will:
Mastercam’s new Feature-Based Machining makes it significantly easier to machine prismatic solids by automating the programming process.
- Detect solid machining features for the chosen FBM operation type, based on your selection criteria.
- Machine pockets using 2D roughing, rest mill, and finish operations.
- Automatically support closed, open, nested, and through pockets and set the right toolpath options.
- Optionally create a separate finish toolpath for floors and walls.
- Automatically identify when external machining is required and enable you to activate or deactivate it.
- Automatically identify when facing is required.
- Automatically create drilled, tapped, counterbore, and countersink holes.
- Automatically perform deep drilling, spot drilling, pre-drilling, tool selection, and tool creation if needed.
- Advanced controls to drill blind, through, co-axial, and split holes.
- New Dynamic Plane creation streamlines and simplifies all plane creation with easy click-and-drag tools.
- Select the appropriate tools for all operations, either from your preferred tools list or from libraries you specify.
The time savings when using Mastercam FBM are dramatic, but its power isn’t just in the click-and-go ease. All toolpaths are fully associative and editable after creation. This gives you the broad flexibility to make changes at any time, and ensures that your parts will be cut exactly as you want them.
Fast, efficient bulk material removal is essential to efficient NC programming. Mastercam gives you a variety of techniques to rough machine all of your parts.
Mastercam’s suite of 3D finishing tools lets you choose the best method for the results you need.
Leftover material causes extra handwork and time. Mastercam automates leftover material identification and removal, providing you with finer finishes.
A Wide Range of Multiaxis Strategies
Multiaxis machining can dramatically increase a shop’s competitiveness, and Mastercam’s multiaxis add-in offers a wide range of multiaxis machining strategies – both basic and advanced. With Mastercam, you have complete control over the three crucial elements of multiaxis machining: toolpath types, tool motion, and tool axis. And you get that control in a clear, easy to understand way.
Faster Turnaround and Superior Finish
High Speed Machining (HSM) is a powerful cutting method that combines high feed rates with high spindle speeds, specific tools, and specific tool motion. HSM can deliver faster turnaround and a superior finish. Mastercam includes a suite of HSM functions designed to help you make the most of this powerful technique, even if you don’t have a high speed machine.
* Source: CIMdata, Inc.