The Core of Your Routing Needs
Mastercam gives your shop the best possible foundation for fast and efficient routing. From general purpose methods such as optimized nesting and block drilling to highly specialized toolpaths like 5-axis trimming, Mastercam ensures that you’re ready for any job.
Contouring, Drilling, and Pocketing
2D machining ranges from the very simple to the very complex. Mastercam delivers all the tools you need for precise control over all aspects of 2D machining.
Fast, efficient bulk material removal is essential to efficient NC programming. Mastercam gives you a variety of techniques to rough machine all of your parts.
Mastercam’s suite of 3D finishing tools lets you choose the best method for the results you need.
Tabs, Webs, and Breakthrough Control
Easy-to-use selections for a wide variety of tabs
Efficient flat panel cutting relies on easy control over tabs, webs, and cutting specifics. Mastercam Router gives you quick and easy control over these important elements.
- Leave a web that holds parts securely until you are ready to remove them.
- Complete tab control including Full Tabs and Partial Tabs.
- All tabs are fully editable and moveable, and have adjustable ramp angles.
- Manually place the tabs or allow Mastercam to do it automatically.
- Tab cutoff passes can be run after each part, or after all parts are done.
- Breakthrough control lets you easily define how deep past the part your tool will go.
Mastercam’s standard nesting delivers a fast, efficient, and easily identifiable way of nesting your parts.
- Fast, efficient interlocking part nesting maximizes material use.
- Complete control over part-to-part distance, sheet margins, and more.
- Easily “drag” parts around on your sheet.
- Directly place CAD models from a variety of sources.
- Group sets of parts and assign part nesting priorities.
- Double-sided and common-edge nesting.
- Custom sheet definition and “filler” parts reduce waste.
- Automatic vertical/horizontal cut-offs preserve rectangular leftovers.
- Save sheet scrap for later use.
- Create custom labels and reports.
Mastercam’s advanced nesting gives a variety of additional tools, including TrueShape nesting and nesting in scrap material.
Mastercam gives you the effect of classic hand-carved art using your CNC machine. Sharp inside corners give the finished piece a crisp edge which is unattainable with conventional machining. Mastercam’s engraving gives you a wide variety of choices:
- Standard chiseling.
- Embossed images.
- Combined chiseled/embossed images.
- Open pixel-based artwork as engravable geometry (.BMP, .GIF, .TIF, .PCX, .EPS, and more).
- Easily engrave any TrueType® font.
- Inverse embossing for mold work.
- Use V-groove cutters with any angle.
- Engrave remachining allows you to cut an area with a large tool and automatically remove remaining material with a smaller tool.
- Use constant-volume depth cuts for more consistent tool load.