Attention Machine Shop Owners
Need Hands on CNC training for existing or potential employees?
Get someone up to speed fast with:
- Machine setup & operation
- Mastercam offline programming
- Cutting parts
- Getting the most out your CNC equipment
- 1 week streamlined training course
- Guaranteed results
- Training performed by certified Mastercam & Haas instructors
- Limited to only 10 Students, do not wait to register.
HFO Chicago and ShopWare Inc. are proud to offer a new, 1 week training curriculum for getting students basic programming and operation of CNC machine tools.
This course is designed for new and current users of CNC milling machines that are interested in learning how to use a cad-cam system to program their machines. Students will learn Mastercam programming techniques for basic 2D milling and drilling operations. We will also review procedures needed to setup and operate a cnc vertical mill using a g-code program that the student generates with the Mastercam software.
During their training students will have use of laptop computers, Haas simulators, and vertical machining centers. There will be a combination of classroom and shop floor training where the students will cut the parts they program.
- Create simple mill part drawings using 2D wire frame geometry (points, lines, and arcs)
- Create simple solid models using Mastercam Solids
- Import 2D solid models and wire frame from other cad systems into Mastercam
- Move the part model from one plane to another to orient it for machining
- Establish a machining zero point within the Mastercam model
- Apply various 2D milling and drilling tool path to the part model
- Output 2D tool paths into a G-code program that will then be loaded into a CNC machine
- Create setup sheets from within Mastercam
- Basic understanding of G-code language
- Understand tool setup and work piece coordinate theory
- Load G-code programs into the CNC control
- Operate the machine to cut several different parts
This is a pass/fail course. To receive a passing mark in this course the student must complete the Mastercam programming tasks assigned and successfully cut the parts on the Haas vertical machining center. Students who pass this course will receive course completion certificates from both Mastercam and Haas.
$995 Per Student. Must be paid 10 days prior to the start date to guarantee your registration in the class. Any registration unpaid by that date will be offered to those next on the waiting list. Due to high demand for this course this policy will be strictly enforced.
Included with Course
Each Student Will Receive the Following:
- 1 Mastercam X6 Training Manual
- 1 Mastercam X6 Home Learning Edition Software
- 1 Mastercam 2GB USB Drive
- 1 Haas VMC Programming Workbook